Skip to main content

Sheriff Seperates Self From Congratulatory Message

Image result for ali modu sheriff
Sheriff
The last may not have been heard of Wednesday Supreme Court ruling which recognized the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led National Caretaker Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
The judgment which sacked the leadership of Senator Ali Modu Sheriff was hailed as victory for democracy by prominent members of the party including the Immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan and the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu.
Few hours after the apex court ruling, reports in the traditional media and social media platforms had indicated that Senator Sheriff had on his Twitter Handle, congratulated Makarfi, pledging to work with him in the interest of the party.
However, the former Borno State Governor has dissociated himself from the report even as he described the said congratulatory message as fake.
Details later... .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OFFICIAL: Leicester sign Iheanacho from Manchester City

Kelechi Iheanacho has left Manchester City for Leicester, penning a deal which will keep him at the King Power Stadium until 2022. Leicester City have completed the signing of former Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho on a five-year deal. The Nigeria international will wear the No 8 for the Premier League outfit. The 20-year-old signs for an undisclosed fee which is understood to be in the region of £20m, becoming Craig Shakespeare's fourth recruit this summer. The forward will join fellow Nigerians Wilfred Ndidi and Ahmed Musa at the King Power Stadium. 'It feels good and I’m happy to be part of this team. I know the ambition of the team and speaking with the manager, he let me know what I need to do, to help the team achieve what they want. I was convinced and I’m happy to be here', Iheanacho said. 'I was happy speaking with the manager, knowing what the team wants. It gives me more confidence that I will fit in this team and hopefully I’ll achieve a ...

Napoli ease past Bayern in Audi Cup

Napoli comfortably beat German Champions Bayern Munch at the Allianz on Wednesday. Goals from Kalidou Koulibaly and Emanuele Giaccherini secured the win for the Italians. After losing out to Liverpool in the Audi Cup opener on Tuesday, Bayern Munich had the chance to make amends against Napoli in Wednesday's early kick-off at the Allianz Arena. The first shot on goal came from Kingsley Coman, who found a pocket of space inside the Napoli area but his strike was comfortable for goalakeeper Luigi Sepe. Bayern Munich looked lively in the opening 10 minutes with more chances coming for Joshua Kimmich and Arturo Vidal. Napoli's first opening came through José Callejón. The former Real madrid man was released past the napoli defence by a neat flick, but 17-year-old Bayern Munich goalkeeper Christian Früchtl was quick off his line to make the save. The Italian side took the lead after 16 minutes. After a Napoli free-kick was delivered dangerously into the Bay...

Trump warns of World War III if Clinton is elected

Trump warns of World War III if Clinton is elected