Skip to main content

Chelsea find Matic replacement

Barely a day has gone since the Blues announced the departure of Nemanja Matic to Manchester United, but Conte has found the man to fill his void in midfield.

Chelsea have cashed in £40 million for Nemanja Matic, not a bad price for a footballer nearing his 29th birthday. However, it has left Antonio Conte in need of another player to complete his midfield.
The Blues already signed Tiemoue Bakayoko and Renato Sanches is set to arrive soon, but Conte wants a back-up man to call upon when needed.
Therefore, the Italian has set his sights on Leicester City midfielder and England international Danny Drinkwater. The 27-year-old knows N'Golo Kante well, having partnered with the Frenchman in the 2015/16 title-winning season.

The Foxes have no pressure to sell after Drinkwater signed a new four-year deal last summer, but Conte is fond of the Englishman and will offer a fee hard to resist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OFFICIAL: Leicester sign Iheanacho from Manchester City

Kelechi Iheanacho has left Manchester City for Leicester, penning a deal which will keep him at the King Power Stadium until 2022. Leicester City have completed the signing of former Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho on a five-year deal. The Nigeria international will wear the No 8 for the Premier League outfit. The 20-year-old signs for an undisclosed fee which is understood to be in the region of £20m, becoming Craig Shakespeare's fourth recruit this summer. The forward will join fellow Nigerians Wilfred Ndidi and Ahmed Musa at the King Power Stadium. 'It feels good and I’m happy to be part of this team. I know the ambition of the team and speaking with the manager, he let me know what I need to do, to help the team achieve what they want. I was convinced and I’m happy to be here', Iheanacho said. 'I was happy speaking with the manager, knowing what the team wants. It gives me more confidence that I will fit in this team and hopefully I’ll achieve a ...

Napoli ease past Bayern in Audi Cup

Napoli comfortably beat German Champions Bayern Munch at the Allianz on Wednesday. Goals from Kalidou Koulibaly and Emanuele Giaccherini secured the win for the Italians. After losing out to Liverpool in the Audi Cup opener on Tuesday, Bayern Munich had the chance to make amends against Napoli in Wednesday's early kick-off at the Allianz Arena. The first shot on goal came from Kingsley Coman, who found a pocket of space inside the Napoli area but his strike was comfortable for goalakeeper Luigi Sepe. Bayern Munich looked lively in the opening 10 minutes with more chances coming for Joshua Kimmich and Arturo Vidal. Napoli's first opening came through José Callejón. The former Real madrid man was released past the napoli defence by a neat flick, but 17-year-old Bayern Munich goalkeeper Christian Früchtl was quick off his line to make the save. The Italian side took the lead after 16 minutes. After a Napoli free-kick was delivered dangerously into the Bay...

Trump warns of World War III if Clinton is elected

Trump warns of World War III if Clinton is elected